2.10.2009

People

Everywhere you go,
People are People.
The Sky is the Sky.

I think one of the most important personal reasons that I travel is so that I can better understand people. What better way to understand differences than to take in and appreciate as many as possible? But I think I'm doing pretty well, anyways.
Who else wanders the streets of a city unknown to them, and sees how the history, the social structures, the everyday life, and the language influence each other? Who else thinks about those things while they're busy being a complete tourist? I mean, I know I'm a tourist here, and I'm not trying to hide it (beyond avoiding being annoying,) but I'd like to think I'm not just a tourist. I hate shoobies. (Thanks, "Rocket Power," that idea needed a name.) So I try damn hard to really not to be a shoobie.

So, when you have done all those things, what next? Do you just make a new list?
But shit, that last one seemed full of impossible dreams.....
And here I am again. I feel like I've done everything I wanted to do with my life.
"I said, 'What now?'
He said, 'I dunno, get married.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment